Saturday, January 9, 2010

Study In Color: RED

I chose to do the color red because I think of red as a very fun color but also very powerful. I believe it is powerful because it means stop when we are driving or stirs feelings of patriotism when we see the red stripes on an American Flag. I took these shots one afternoon as the sun was peeking through the clouds. I did not do much editing to the photos themselves.


FIRE HYDRANT Saturday January 9, 2010. 3:00 pm. Rexburg, ID. F 5.6. Shutter Speed 1/160. Canon 50D



RED BARN PANELS Saturday January 9, 2010. 3:18 pm. Rexburg, ID F 5.6. Shutter Speed 1/250. Canon 50D



AMERICAN FLAG Saturday January 9, 2010. 3:45 pm. Rexburg, ID. F 7.1. Shutter Speed 1/400. Canon 50D



RED TRACTORS. Saturday January 9, 2010. 3:34 pm. Rexburg, ID F 5.6. Shutter Speed 1/200. Canon 50D

8 comments:

  1. My favorite is your photo of the red tractors... I love the strength and hardness of the lines, and the beautiful delicate white design on the beam is a great contrast! i like how you managed to find similar shades of red in so many different subjects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my favorite is also the red tractors! I like it because I didn't know what it was at first and it didn't matter because it was just so intriguing to look at. The color is beautiful and vibrant too. I'm glad you let the background be out of focus-its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tractor picture! I like how some of it is in focus and some of it isn't.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also really like your cutout-you did a good job of making it look clean-cut.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how your red colors are all super similar. My red pictures are all different ones. Yours seem unified and nothing says that more that Ol' Glory very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how the fire hydrant gives a sense of warmth when it was taken with snow in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your red tractors picture is very intriguing and I wouldn't know what it is unless you labeled it like you did.

    ReplyDelete